INTERNSHIP: Innovation @ swissnex Boston & CSEM – September 2018 – February 2019
CSEM (www.csem.ch) is a private non-profit Swiss organization for research and innovation. Supported by the Swiss Confederation, our mission is to enhance the competitiveness of industry by developing new technology platforms and transferring it to the industrial sector.
About the position:
swissnex Boston offers an internship position for a period of 6 months in innovation and entrepreneurship. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects with the aim of making a match between Industrial need in Boston area and CSEM technologies especially in the MedTech sector. This is an exciting and rewarding position and gives the successful candidate exposure to most of the stakeholders involved in technology venture creation and innovation. It is the opportunity to work in an international work environment, within an innovative and future oriented organization.
Responsibilities will be among others to:
- Support innovation project leader in projects rollout.
- Carry out market research, data mining, reporting, marketing and event planning.
- Implementing own project in collaboration with the CSEM and under swissnex Boston supervision.
- Administrative and operational tasks
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proactive attitude and open-minded personality
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently
- Technical background, ideally in MedTech related domains
- An excellent command of English and good-level of French
- Interest in living and working abroad (Boston)
Formal eligibility criteria:
- Candidate studies in a university or university of applied sciences in Switzerland towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and is requested to do an internship in order to obtain the degree, or
- The last university degree (Bachelor/Master) is not older than one year at the beginning of the internship.
- Candidate has not gained professional experience in the field of his/her studies.
- The total period of internships (“Hochschulpraktium”/ “Stage académique”, including the one at swissnex) within the Swiss confederation does not exceed 12 months.
- Candidate is a Swiss citizen or a non-swiss citizen with legal residency in Switzerland (C permit)
- Hands on involvement in projects and tasks related to the mission of swissnex Boston
- International work environment
- USD 2’200.00 compensation (per month)
- 4 weeks’ vacation per year and Swiss and US Holidays
If you are a Swiss citizen or foreign national with legal residency in Switzerland and your profile matches the above skill set, you can apply here:
Application Deadline: May 31st.